All That Comes To Mind (8)

I have gone Bryan Adams crazy from the middle of last week and I am so addicted to his voice that I am feeling down unless I am allowing myself to listen.I had written about the Bare Bones tour and listed some favourites here. But the song I am literally in love with right now is 'Cuts Like a Knife'.The lyrics are not so special but the tune and the voice and the instrumentals are.'Back to you' is nice too,especially the instrumentals and tune.I have never been a huge fan of the Bryan Adams Lyrics - looks average to me.(Okay.I have my perspectives and they differ from the main stream popular culture - I have told that earlier.)

Isn't that visually appealing? 

I am sort of upset regarding the politics going around in the world,something that happens to me rarely.Its not about loosing hope,its about the little requirement of some incitement from fellow leftist friends or our "Comrades".Whatever is going on is not right.Open Economy would never do it,but I don't know how we would ever succeed about detangling the endless webs of imperialism in the third world - I simply do not know which theory would work.If there has to be about a million different ideologies under 'left-wing',it will simply bring us nothing,lead us nowhere.We ought to get something collective enough to help us out - that the basic ideology has to be to remove capitalism and that is the one and only key to liberty - complete,overall liberty.


Is This What You Want?

'A Sad State of Freedom' by Nazim Hikmet (One of my most favourite poets) is the poem that comes to mind right now.Sometimes I wonder if Turkey deserved as huge a sinner as ErdoÄŸan.The only thing that is able to instill a few rays of hope in my mind about Turkey is that the Communist perspective is fully alive in their youth and I have doubts if you can dominate the majority for eternity.If evil has rise,then evil definitely has to have its end.Here is the poem.

A Sad State Of Freedom

By Nazim Hikmet

You waste the attention of your eyes,
the glittering labour of your hands,
and knead the dough enough for dozens of loaves
of which you'll taste not a morsel;
you are free to slave for others--
you are free to make the rich richer.

The moment you're born
they plant around you
mills that grind lies
lies to last you a lifetime.
You keep thinking in your great freedom
a finger on your temple
free to have a free conscience.

Your head bent as if half-cut from the nape,
your arms long, hanging,
your saunter about in your great freedom:
you're free
with the freedom of being unemployed.

You love your country
as the nearest, most precious thing to you.
But one day, for example,
they may endorse it over to America,
and you, too, with your great freedom--
you have the freedom to become an air-base.

You may proclaim that one must live
not as a tool, a number or a link
but as a human being--
then at once they handcuff your wrists.
You are free to be arrested, imprisoned
and even hanged.

There's neither an iron, wooden
nor a tulle curtain
in your life;
there's no need to choose freedom:
you are free.
But this kind of freedom

is a sad affair under the stars.



I want to get a full collection of Nazim Hikmet with me.Be it love poems or that regarding revolution or anything else,I am always impressed by his works.Its just that I feel a rush of emotions when I think of him,red and Turkey's condition right now.Do I even need to mention my hostility towards our protectors,masters or lords and who knows what not.I have a serious issue with England's polity as well (and now I do realise the true meaning of The Post War Dreams) - to be specific,on the Israel and Gaza issue.I am going to post this and about what is actually 'United Kingdom' and what these born imperialists did to Ireland and Scotland previously,what actually these fundamentalists are under the disguise of Christian reformists called 'Protestants'.

I am not at in a mood to watch a movie at all.I just want some lonely time and it just has rained here,relieving us from a very humid condition that had prevailed for a day or two before.I hope you all are having a thoughtful and nice weekend after a tiring week of some serious work.I know I have been negative in this post,but don't you think it has protest in almost every approach?Let your perspectives flourish rather than accentuating them within confined limits.Thanks for reading the blog.



Post a Comment

0 Comments