UPSC Maths Problems Challenge : A Problem A Day! (Day 8)

Today's sum is perhaps the easiest out of what I have posted in the last days as a part of this challenge.There are two reasons for this : I have been working really hard throughout the day,beginning from about 06:40 a.m in the morning.I returned home at about 06:00 p.m and I have been working out with sums all day long and had to handle a few other (sensitive and emotional) issues as well,so I am really,really tired.
However,I am sure this won't be disappointing for readers as logic based problems often create problems for many.I hope this helps in the practice of one of those very common logic problems you often see in a vast array of examinations for holding government posts.





Today's Problem(20/06/2015)



Question Credit : http://www.m4maths.com



If x means ÷, - means x , ÷ means +, and + means -, then the value of the expression 
(3- 15 ÷ 11) x 8 + 6 will be

Option a. 1
Option b. 0
Option c. 8
Option d. 4 


This means that (3 - 15 ÷ 11) x 8 + 6 = (3 x 15 + 11) ÷ 8 - 6.Applying BODMAS rule here,we have (45 + 11) x 8 - 6 = 56 ÷ 8 - 6 = 7 - 6 = 1

Post a Comment

0 Comments