Darjeeling : In Photographs

I had been to my umpteenth trip to Darjeeling back in early June this year and since I had a camera with me this time,I decided to put it to good use and took numerous pictures throughout the time.I then sorted 31 of the best pictures that I considered mentionworthy as a memory of the trip and are also presentable enough for the readers.This post includes these photographs and all of them have been priorly posted in the Instagram handle of the blog.To know the story behind some of the photographs,visit @blogperspective.

Also,there is a small YouTube video (subscribe to The Perspective YouTube Channel here) at the end of the series which includes a beautiful Nepali folk song performance in accordion with a Sarangi. (I think this was my most favourite part of The street singers had a kind of joy in their faces that elated me as well - and instantly reminded me of Kafka's "like someone who wanted to be with his own laughter".)

Hope you enjoy this!






"They say there's gold in there,but I'm looking for thrills..." 



 "And but for the sky there are no fences facin'..." 






"Strangers passing in the street/By chance to separate glances meet/And I am you and what I see is me..."






Your letters they all say that you're beside me now/Then why do I feel alone?/I'm standing in a ledge and your fine spider web/Is fastening my ankle to a stone..."
























"The lunatic is on the grass/Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs..."
























 "And I turned around so as to see him.A bridge to turn around!I had not yet turned quite around when I already began to fall..." 



 "আকাশে ছড়ানো মেঘের কাছাকাছি 
দেখা যায় তোমাদের বাড়ি..." 
"Near the clouds scattered up along the sky 
I can feel you,home..."



Lone. 





"Since 1910." :) 




#Keventers delight.Locally made Aurum chips. :D 









 Overlooked.











Post a Comment

0 Comments