On Spending 1825 Days Together. Here's to You, The Perspectives...

When I began sharing things I believed were important (and continue to believe, in a sense) - on a cloudy day when the sky was hanging low and I was unsure of one's purpose in life, I had no idea we would make it here one day. I had no idea what I was going to study or if I had in intricate connection with academia that I felt was growing stronger with every passing day. I had no idea what one could do with the crisis of alienation growing wider between our sense of 'self' and the notion of 'community'. Today, keeping aside all that we have 'achieved', I believe more than anything else, The Perspectives has been my best friend. And I wouldn't mind romanticising it and exaggerating it because believe it or not, I have had the chance to rest my head on his shoulders every time I've felt like a lie, everytime I've felt the horror of not being able to reach out when necessary. 



Today, we are followed by an Academy awardee, several Grammy awardees, journalists, authors, actors, politicians, media houses, show hosts, inspirational speakers and entrepreneurs on Twitter. We have interviewed academicians including Noam Chomsky among others and all the other things that I have done in my own life are somehow connected to the amazing confidence boost The Perspectives has been giving me for ages now! The transition from a clumsy, little child with too many questions to an young adult with dreams, tolerating several hundreds of shades of psychedelia together, tolerating sleepless nights, tolerating broken hearts and all the barriers that have come our way. I am blessed, I am lucky and I am extremely grateful to have reached here, where at least I know people who collectively dream and talk of change, of resistance. The resonance of pathos around us, the galactic dominance of Nihilism, the sheer terror of isolation are among the few things that we have surpassed. Here's to the spirit of life, here's love - to the eternal distance that we've metamorphosed into closeness under the veil of time. 





Post script - Please consider signing the petition to help save the world's only freshwater turtle sanctuary being quietly erased in our not so beloved Prime Minister Modi's constituency. Spread the word as much as possible.

Post a Comment

0 Comments