All That Comes To Mind (22) : The Most True of All Confessions I have Made Till Date


  • Truth 1 : I am in perhaps the second most toughest phase of my life right now.
  • Truth 2 : I know I did very well in Phase 1,which was the toughest phase in my life.
  • Truth 3 : I dream almost everyday that I did not study Physics as my soul subject and then worry about the fact if it was for the wretched Physics teacher at school or for a partially bitter experience later in February.
  • Truth 4 : I know it was not that because I talked about Economics in every hour (I still do) and I even said the same thing to a guy(perhaps the only guy) I never pretended in front of.
  • Truth 5 : It irritates me no end when someone asks me,"Why the hell would you not go for JEE when you scored so well in your Class X Board Exams?"
  • Truth 6 : I never liked Magnetism.And all the rules about it.
  • Truth 7 : I will never be able to cope with an year loss.
  • Truth 8 : I DO NOT WANT TO STUDY ENGLISH LITERATURE.EVERY SECOND PERSON WHO LIKES MY VERBAL SKILLS ASKS ME THIS QUESTION.I MEAN IT.I NEVER WILL EVEN BE ABLE TO IMAGINE MYSELF STUDYING SOMETHING WHICH HAS NO FIXED LOGIC.
  • Truth 9 : I am original at the art of speaking,writing,dissidence and have good analytical skills.
  • Truth 10 : A lot of people think I am perfect for journalism and I am interested,too but I am not in love with the concept of being a full time journalist.I would never accept the corporate world controlling what I speak,write,live for.
  • Truth 11 : I cannot pursue a career both in Physics and Economics.
  • Truth 12 : I never imagined myself walking in the Physics Laboratories of Cambridge University.
  • Truth 13 : I can still picture myself researching on Economics.
  • Truth 14 : There is almost nothing that I dislike about Economics as a subject of study.

Cover photo
  • Truth 15 : I speak about Economics every hour,I write on it,I interact about it,I love interacting about it,I feel great when the readers find my work(s) substantial.
  • Truth 16 : I am far more original in Social Sciences than I am in Physics.This is true.
  • Truth 17 : I was a good scorer in both Biology and Chemistry but I liked neither as subjects that I wanted to invest my energy and heart in.
  • Truth 18 : I have a good ability to be straight-spoken and this attribute fits well for dissidents and scholars in Social Sciences with a pretty boldness.
  • Truth 19 : I love,LOVE,madly LOVE Maths.
  • Truth 20 : My linguistic skills are quite chiselled in case of both English and Bengali,the former being a very important plank for studying Economics.
  • Truth 21 : I go to sleep with Maths or Marx,Pigou or Cairncross in my head.
  • Truth 22 : I wake up with factorisations and progressions in my head or often with political philosophy oriented words swimming here and there.
  • Truth 23 : What is important is I told about my love for Economics to a person I relied on the most at that while.And he (though many other people have also claimed that this subject suits me) said it suits me well,so that quite does the job.
  • Truth 24 : Nobody hammered the concept of studying Economics in my head.It was my own decision our of my own perception.
  • Truth 25 : There are several people who have told me this subject is not for everyone but for meritorious,smart people with skills in Maths,English and analytical ability and I should perhaps value their words over the general concept of considering JEE as the first step to a stable way of earning well.
  • Truth 26 : I study this subject not because I find it thrilling and convincing and not because I see it as a cash bank.
  • Truth 27 : I feel more for Economics than I do for Physics.
  • Truth 28 : Okay,that ends it.I choose Economics.I choose Economic Sciences,something which cannot be demarcated either as a Pure Science or as a subject of Commerce or that of Arts.It is a jack of all trades! And I am glad I chose this.


Post a Comment

0 Comments