Stills from 'Une Femme est Une Femme' (A Woman is a Woman) 1961

I watched a Godard film almost after two years, I think! And the moment I wanted to watch Godard, I wanted to watch one of his more mainstream, popular, hyped over films. Another plus about 'Une Femme est Une Femme' is that this is an Anna Karina starred film and I secretly adore her.

There were two things beyond the cliché portrayal of a melodramatic oh-so-complex, often illogical femme fatale - class demarcation showcased in a rather fluid, eloquent space and continuum and the dismissal of the act of intercourse as a rather vague ordeal as compared to cussing each other by exchanging words, and books ; my God - books and plenty of them!

Here are twenty stills from the film that I felt were worthwhile.



























Post a Comment

0 Comments