Stills from 'Vivre sa Vie' (1962) ~ Directed by Jean-Luc Godard

 These are times that are infinitely disturbing. I wouldn't do the dreaded task of trying to cover up for the same. This is a time of transitions, as they say. And I am quite boldly, quite literally in the middle of a few. In such times, poetry helps one take refuge, even if it's only temporary. And as much as I have managed to distance myself from the intimate bonding I used to once share with it, human longings are perennial in nature. So is perhaps the feeling I have retained in my heart for Jean-Luc Godard's incredible work in the field of cinema, in the field of poetry. If "visual poetry" exists as a form of art, this man did his bit spanning over the demarcation line of two very distinct centuries. Here are a few stills from the Godard classique 'Vivre sa Vie' (My Life to Live). Enjoy! 























Post a Comment

0 Comments